Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Working on one of my goals

Day after day, week after week, year after year I make the goal of losing weight and sticking to it. Last year at this time I was doing the HCG drops and losing was simple. I lost lots of weight and looked pretty good for my wedding in July, but since then I have slowly but surely put the weight back on. I am sad. So, after attempting time and time again to diet, and failed, I am promised myself that I am going to learn to eat correctly and exercise as a part of my daily routine. I find this so hard, cause I hate to exercise alone, and Briche my sweet sweet girl has decided her mother needs to be healthy so she has started exercising with me, but I still ate HORRIBLY! I always used the excuses that it's too expensive to eat right, well this weekend I buckled down and purchased some veggies and fruit and some chicken (because it's the least expensive) and made a huge crockpot full of veggies and chicken, probably not the most healthy way to cook but I am almost certain it is better than frying it or baking it. And I just ate a small salad with a small portion of the chicken and veggies I cooked on top. It was yummy! So tonight I will workout while watching the biggest loser with Briche. I pray by the end of the week I see results! I got to just for my sake to show myself that I can do it, and I hope that I feel healthier and happier! :)

4 comments:

stephanie said...

So it seems like I have been reading this same post a lot lately from different women.. and being a woman myself I can relate to the struggle. But I always want to tell everyone else oh just be happy with you. We all love you the way you are.. and you are your worst critic. So Marche, that is what I am telling you because that is how I feel about it. It is always nice to try and live healthier but really you are beautiful. I think my new goal in life is to try to convince women to not be so hard on themselves.. and maybe one day I will take my own advice.

Unknown said...

Oh Stephanie, you are awesome! Thanks for the note! I laugh at myself, because, I just told my sister the EXACT thing you just told me..so yes I agree, we are our worst critics. But I do think I will be much happier with myself if I make this goal. One day down woo hoo! :)

Sorena said...

I agree that we should love ourselves.
I have found that it was those times that I wasn't happy that I have allowed the weight to pack on, and the times that I do take the time for myself and care about myself are the very times that I do want the weight off.
One day at a time...that's all we got!
You go girl!!!

Lora Nehring said...

I know what you mean. It is so hard! I need so badly to do something, but I am so tired of how hard I have to work to lose any weight. So frustrating! Good luck!