Thursday, September 29, 2011
How do they do it?
Well...I sit here with a little glimpse of what life will be when Briché decides she no longer needs to live at home...I hope that day doesn't come for a very long time. She is gone for the week with her daddy ( she needed this time with him ) on a cruise to the Bahamas! Lucky! She just barely left last night, and she texted me about 8ish last night and said "Mom, I miss you!" Boy did the tears start flowing, how am I going to make a week without seeing that sweet child's face? Dakotah has been living on his own for almost two years now, and every day I struggle, I miss him like there is no tomorrow. Cheyenne lives with her daddy, and I fight back the tears each day as I hang up from our phone calls! I sit and wonder how parents manage to have their kids grow up and live on their own..I am not handling them being away for a week/ and on their own / or with their other parent very well. Does it get easier? Am I too protective? Am I the only one that feels this empty? You would think I am ok...I still have 4 boys at home, and oh how grateful I am for them..but pieces of me are missing ...hmmm. I just love my yahoos and am grateful to be their mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment