Yesterday was a good day...I celebrated my big 4-0! But that is not what this posting is about...I came home from work yesterday with a skip in my step, for I was showered with love from my hubby, kids and friends, as I sat on the couch waiting for Bridger to return home from football practice ~ we were anxious to go on our family bicycle ride ~ Bridger came in the room with tears streaming down his face, he had hurt his thumb at practice and just from his experience in life, he knew I was going to take him to the doctor to have it checked...yes I am very overly protective parent, and they go to the doctor for EVERYTHING! Hence, we had to take the bike ride first...but I made Bridger's and mine shorter than the rest..and we left for the doctor..
The doctors was the usual visit except for the wait for the x-ray....I met a couple...I don't know their names, they were just waiting for a x-ray too...we just started talking just talk about broken bones, about kids...I learned that he was in the military, he spoke of how 9/11 changed every one's lives, has served several times in Iraq and Afghanistan, he said he made friendships there, but it was very difficult, for the people there view us Americans as immoral and very wealthy people. He said they see the media all over, the movies which portray vulgarity and immodesty, they see that our troops overseas have to guard their own...their own trucks and belongings from their very own people..for we are such a diverse people, that we come from different upbringings and beliefs that we steal and cheat amongst each other...even when we are defending our country and trying to help others have the same freedoms we share. This man shared many other things with me and my children as we sat and waited..but what he told me struck me hard...I am sad that we as a people are viewed this way...it has bothered me and I wonder, what am I teaching my children? I don't want them to be viewed as cheaters and immoral people...I need to do my best to teach them these values in life. So no matter where they are, they are viewed as righteous, morally correct, honest and modest individuals. I sit here in tears, hoping I have done my children good..so they can serve others where ever they may go in life, that they may share their goodness and love with others and be a good example of compassion and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment