Monday, March 2, 2009
I find myself in tears...
Yesterday afternoon, Hunter asked if he and Branden could go to the park with their friends, so I said yes. Steve and I were out on the 4 wheelers when he asked, so we decided to go check on them and as we did we asked if they wanted a ride to the park, Hunter declined but Branden and one of the little friends said yes, so Steve and I quickly took them down to the park, as I turned my 4 wheeler around, I saw something I couldn't believe....Hunter riding his rip stick down a very steep hill...wizzing down I should say..I knew at that moment it was not going to end well....but what could I do to stop it...NOTHING! He suddenly FLEW off the rip stick and landed in the road! I rode to him and found him limp and hurt...I tried to be strong and check the wounds...he has some pretty bad road rash on his hip and elbow..and at the time seemed alright. I put him on the 4 wheeler and took him home to wash him up and assess the damage. As I was cleaning him, Shock started to set in. He became limp and white! And he shook...oh my goodness he had me so worried. The hip wound was so swollen and bruised. I called Brian and told him of what happened and asked if I should take him to the dr. Both Brian and Steve said no....but as a mom...I feel I need to make sure. Everytime I rebandage it..Hunter almost passes out...he goes white and limp. I struggle being the strong mom. Am I paranoid? I scheduled an appointment this afternoon.....my poor little guy. I betcha my last dollar he will not be doing that again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so scary, you have had a hard week! I hope that you can feel better soon.
It is tough watching someone you love get hurt and know that there is nothing you can do about it.
Keep smiling!
Love you!
Thanks Sorena! Yes, the week has not been the most pleasant for sure! But...I am still learning of where to go for comfort. I appreciate your friendship and willingness to help me yesterday, means a lot! I love you too!
Post a Comment