Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Taken Back
Yesterday a sister in our ward & neighborhood passed away. She was near my age, she left behind 8 children. As I have thought about this, it surely makes me want to put my life in order and make things right with my family and with my Lord and Savior. You never know when your time will come to depart this life. We moved into our home just a little over a year ago, and she was our Relief Society President, she came to my home with her sweet councelor and visited with me, she opened her home to my children to play, she was a friend. She came to my wedding, she probably was in pain from the tumors at this time but hid it well..she put a smile on her face and tended to others without a hesitation or question.. and shortly after our wedding she was diagnosed with cancer...and to hear how she declined in health so rapidly, makes my heart hurt. It brings so many fears to my mind. It took lots of strength and will power to leave my home today, so many fears were in my head, what if I get in an auto accident, what if something happens to my husband, all these negative scenarios are running through my mind, but as I have these horrible thoughts and fears, I get a text message from another dear sweet friend that said, "but Marché she is able to be with her babies at all times", oh what a thought. To be able to attend every function of your child and to have them feel your love and support surround them all the time, what a blessing. I just hope that if ever something would bring me to leave my babies prematurely, they would remember and know that this mother of theirs loved them with every fiber in me. That I love my husband and my family and I love my Lord and Savior and am so very very grateful!! I want to live my life like the way Christine did, she examplified the Savior in all her doings! I have a lot to work on, but I will strive to do so! I pray peace will be with my friend's family, as they adjust to the new life they have with sweet Christine in the heavens. I also pray for the strength in myself to make the changes I need to be a great wife, mother, daughter and sister, to be Christ-like in all I do. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How sad! i hate to hear about things like this. Not many things in my mind are more sad than a mother leaving this life too soon.
It sure puts things in perspective though.
Post a Comment