After watching him for a few weeks, trying to build quilting frames for me...awwww...how sweet! He was doing this all with a skillsaw and hand saw with a little yellow miter box! :o)
So on my lunch break I went and started to look for table saws and as I spoke to one of the sales men at the hardware store, he informed me that an electric miter saw would help him with his project and many other things he would ever have to work on with wood! :o)
I was kind of worried about buying something so large and so expensive, cause where would I store it? He also looks at our account every day...he'd know I bought him something. But I went ahead and got it..and then asked my neighbor across the street from me if I could store it in her garage...aw ha! I did it, I managed to buy something without him knowing...I had to fudge my way about needing the debit card though :o( I told him that "I want to take Branden out to dinner", which I did, that was just a little bonus for Branden and myself! :o)
Saturday as I drove into the drive from work, there standing is my sweetheart sawing away on the quilting frames by hand, oh dear I felt guilty knowing there was an electric saw right across the street! YIKES! :o) So I just told him, "I am going to go to Sonya's for a minute" and picked up the saw! A moment later he spots me carrying this HUGE box, and says "What the heck are you doing?" Ha I did it!! He had not a clue! I did give it to him a day early but I am so glad I did! He finished my quilting frames yesterday! :o) He used his Father's Day gift to finish my Mother's Day gift, what nice gesture! As he was working so dilgently, I snapped a few photos!
He did this with such precision and not a complaint in the world. I love to watch him work, for he is so exact in all he does! :o)
The final product is beautiful! I am so excited!
It is very technical and solid!
My garage is FILLED with so MUCH saw dust..everything is covered! I mean covered! But he had a blast working with the wood and I enjoyed watching him! :o)
I am so thankful for Steve, for his hard work at home and at his job. I am thankful for the stability and consistancy he brings me and my kids, but most of all I love his unconditional love he shows me and my children. He is a fabulous dad and has a lot of advise for my kids and the love it two fold..he is amazing and I am so happy he is in our lives! Happy Father's Day Steve! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment