Thursday, February 12, 2009

Do mother's ever stop worrying?

Tonight I am packing Hunter for his very first Boy Scout Klondike..and as I do I cry...and I am petrified..excited and worried...happy..all those emotions. Hunter keeps telling me he will be ok..I have packed him 6 pairs of socks, three pairs of sweats, 6 tee shirts, two pairs of jeans, 2 beanies, two pairs of shoes, snow pants, snow boots, two sleeping bags, a wool blanket, a flannel blanket, and a pillow...do you think he will be warm..?? I conveyed my worries to the brother that is going with him, and he calmly says, Marché I am taking my pistol with me so I can shoot a bear if it comes near us...UM I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BEARS TIL THEN THANKS! YIKES!! Then my sister-in-law so kindly reminded me that bears hybernate during this season, and he was pulling my leg...whew..one less thing for me to worry about. But I have to remind myself, Hunter is the son of a true Boy Scout and he will be fine..right? A BOY SCOUT IS BRAVE! A BOY SCOUTS MOM IS BRAVE!...I know I am making this bigger than it needs to be...but I am a mom..who will miss her scout and hopes he will have fun, eat well, play well and be warm and make memories of a life time with his scout group! I will post the outcome in a few days! CHEERS!

2 comments:

Sorena said...

I think the answer is NO. But you are funny and your post made me laugh.
I am sure that he will have a great time.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sorena...I laugh at myself too..overly protective all the time, but Koda decided to go and take care of him fore me so I am feeling a little more settled..I am happy Koda is going..what a great time for each other!