I sit here with a birthday creeping up on me, and life just blasting at full speed ahead.... it makes me take a step back and just think about my brothers and sister, my children and my husband and wonder what is going to come to pass in life.
I remember back...oh so long ago, when my sister and I could hardly be in the same room...I remember Julie (her best friend) would be at our house all the time and how it drove me crazy, they would laugh and make fun of me...just as sisters do. I would ask her to use her clothes and if she could swear in our house I am sure she would have used a few colorful words to say no... but she just said no. I would cry and be angry. I remember hurting her over a Ken Barbie doll ( mean using a wire hanger it was bad, she laughs now and I cry when I think about it)..seriously now...over KEN!
I remember Kent Jr. would walk past me in the halls and flick me up side the head and it would make me so mad I would kick him and he would just do it again. He would call me "brat" and again I would cry. Man I cried a lot.
Shawn just would call me pepelapu (ok I spelt that wrong, you know the skunk)...oh how frustrating...I recall just counting the days he would move out so I could have his room...finally my own room.
Jared..oh Jared..I remember locking him out of my room and he wouuld kick and scream at the door until either I let him in or he kicked so hard he kicked a hole in the door and got into trouble, which ever came first. I remember watching him from the FHA meeting during lunch hour climbing on a tree and looking away like I was not even related.
If I could just tell my kids one thing...these are just little things and I thank the Lord that we grow up and learn what is so improtant in life. I have 5 best friends in this life and the first and foremost is my amazing husband, I love that I can talk to him, tell him everything on my mind, he may a joke or two but he knows when to be serious and he knows when to listen and hold me. Then, Kent Jr, Shawn, Andrea and Jared...they are my best friends...I am so thankful for the time they take for me, they share their love and ideas with me, they comfort me when I need it, they laugh at me (ok this is done a lot, but still). And I can tell you now that I look forward to answering the phone and hearing Kent Jr's voice call me "brat" it is our name for each other. He is surely my hero...my sister too...life comes full circle and I surely am glad I have them to share this life with. Giving siblings to us was one of the Lord's most amazing gifts...I thank him everyday for mine. I love you guys and cherish each moment I have had with you. :) I look forward to the day my kids will appreciate each other and love like this.
1 comment:
It's sad that we treat each other so horribly as kids, but thankfully we usually grow up and mellow out!! My brother and I could not STAND each other when we lived in the same house, but as adults we are very good friends. My youngest brother is coming to visit today and I am thrilled to see him!!!
Post a Comment