Thursday, August 19, 2010

My baby girl

This week marks the third week I have known that Cheyenne was moving to Brian's house.  When she broke the news to me, I think I just wanted to crawl in my bed and never wake. I was heart broken and didn't think I could even remotely think I could support her because I was being selfish.  She loves it in Gunnison with her daddy, she also expressed her desires to want to attend a smaller school so she would have more of a chance for a scholarship, and she could attend Snow College during her senior year, since that is where she is wanting to attend college.  So, after a small conversation trying to get insight of why she has made this decision ( ok I admit I was trying to talk her out of it ), I got in my car and drove to the church, and sat in my car and just cried and cried, and prayed and prayed to have an understanding and let me have some comfort in the thoughts and reality of her leaving. I know the Lord has helped me understand that I will always be her mommy, and I can still teach her, support her and guide her from Payson.  She is a beautiful young lady, and I am certain she prayed about her decision to move to daddy's house.  I know she will succeed and progress and grow just as well.  I can't ask her to stay here, for that would be highly selfish of me.  Her daddy is a great daddy and she will have wonderful days there, as well as when she comes home. I want her to know I am proud of being her mommy, I love that fact that the Lord gave me the chance to mother her and raise such an amazing child.  What a blessing it is to have her in my life and call myself her mom. :) I love you Cheyenne Jade! :)

2 comments:

Lora Nehring said...

Being a mom is hard! But you are doing a great job at it!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lora...you can always hope and pray that you are doing the best...and it will benefit them their whole life.