Branden as come a long way this year. He transitioned from a regular high school setting into a independent living class, which has had it's ups and downs. At the beginning of the year they had tried him out at working at the bowling alley, and it just was to much of a distraction for him, he wanted to bowl and that's all. So..he got fired, sadly, and at that point the teacher pretty much threw his hands in the air and said he didn't know what we wanted to do with Branden..I was sad that he had that sort of perspective about Branden. Once I had mentioned to the Nebo School District special ed head that this had happened and he was not in school she took matters into her own hands...and he was back to school and they found some jobs for him that suited him to a tee. :o) Branden started working at the South Valley Animal Shelter in Spanish Fork, where he fed and brushed the dogs.
Then one day Steve and I took Branden to Sequoia Motorsports to look around, and I had the courage to ask the manager there if they would hire a disabled person and without any hesitation, he said yes. I called his teacher and she set it up that Branden could work there as well.
He did have his ups and downs at both places, not wanting to work...who likes to work anyway? But these two places had so much patience with him, and he excelled!!! Last week the manager of Sequoia told Branden that if he did well the last week he would have a surprise for him and sure enough, he loaded Branden up! He got a Rock Star T-shirt, a Monster hat, DC stickers and $3.00!! Branden was in heaven! It goes to show you that hard work pays off! Way to go Branden!! We love you pal!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment