Today again I am thankful for my baby boy Elijah ~ I guess that I shouldn't call him a baby, because that little tiger has turned 10 years old on me today! As I remember back to 10 years ago, it was a scary day at the beginning and a glorious at the end. I woke about 2 am to what I thought was braxton hicks contractions, went to take shower to let the water run down my back to make them go away ~ as I rested my head against the shower wall with my eyes closed, I felt a little pop which startled me ~ so I opened my eyes and low and behold there was blood everywhere on the shower floor! I screamed and had his daddy call and get someone to come and tend to our other 5 yahoos ~ as we hurried to the hospital I didn't feel the movement of my baby within me ~ I cried~ what had I done? ( I had drank caster oil the night before to start my labor, so he could be born on his daddy's birthday!) I thought I had lost my precious baby ~ it was a frightening drive to the hospital and it seemed to last forever. Brian dropped me off in the front ~ and as I walked to labor and delivery I could hardly contain myself, I was sobbing. They rushed me back to the observation area and put me on a heart rate machine and then it happened we heard it! that little tiger was hopping and his heart was perfect...they watched me for sometime and decided to transport me to the hospital where he was supposed to be delivered...just a few short hours later at 7:05 am that little guy blessed us with his presence...and what a blessing he surely has been!! He hardly cried from the get go, I remember having to pinch him to see if he knew how to cry! (poor baby!) All 5 of his siblings passed him around I don't think the baby rested in his crib hardly at all. :) He is such great kid, so determined to what is right. He is brilliant in school! I enjoy going to parent teacher conferences just to hear what a great kid I have. He is a super football player...woo hoo New York Giants here comes another Eli in the making!! :) I am thankful that the Lord has given me the chance to be his mom and I love his tenderness and hugs I get each day! Happy Birthday my sweet 10 year old! I love you so much! Thanks for being such a great kid!!
I can't forget to also say how thankful for the veterans we have in our country, for the great sacrifices they have made to keep us free. I am also thankful for the families of those who served for their sacrifices they too have made so their loved ones could serve our country. I am sorrowed by so many lives lost for our freedom. Thanks to all the service men and women who fight on my behalf each and everyday! Happy Veterans Day to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment