It is so fun to sit and ponder about the things in your life that you are thankful for. I wish that I would remember to do it every day out of the year instead of just in November.
I know that I post a lot of posts about how much I love and appreciate my children, but they are in whole my life! I am very proud to be their mother. The start of this feeling came the day I found out I was pregnant with Dakotah Brian Davis. Wow, such joy I felt to know I was going to be a mom. The moment I met this little baby, my whole world changed. He made me smile, he made me grow as an individual, and he made me become the mom I am...sometimes paranoid and a little (okay a lot) over protective. But I never understood what it meant to love unconditionally and with such fullness in heart until I held this boy in my arms. He is no longer a boy but a man. He and I have been through so much together, and he has stood by my side through it all, and has been the rock I needed at times. He makes me smile, he has such a genuine heart and cares so deeply for others. He is the BEST older brother a child could ask for. Sometimes I get annoyed at the arguments at my home about who gets to go to Dakotah's house and who doesn't, they all love his attention and want it to themselves. But on the other I just giggle because I know they love him so much. He too has accomplished great things and came through some pretty tough obstacles in such a young life. He is going to make a great husband and father someday, and like I am for his sister, I look forward to seeing what is to come for this kiddo. He has proven to all that if you put your heart and soul into anything you can accomplish it! Great job my son, I love you Dakotah!

No comments:
Post a Comment