Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day #15 Truely thankful

Before I get started on what I am thankful for today...I want to straighten something up...I am me...I am no hero, I am no angel I am me...just because I have married a man with a handicapped child does not make me more of a saint than the next person standing next to me, nor does it make me any better than his mother or his father. I knew from the time I was a young girl I was going to be involved in the life/lives of someone with special needs. Until the day I met Branden I always wondered who and when. He is amazing and I am proud to be his STEP MOM!!! That'll never change, he has a mother who loves and adores him, I just happen to advocate for him here in Utah!! My husband is an amazing father not only to his son but to my SIX kids!! He loves them as his own and I appreciate him every day for all his does for each and every one of our seven children. I will never let a day go by let some one diminish him and Branden's mother, they are fabulous parent's!!! They do not slack and never have has his parents, I have just stepped in and have become another representative for Branden and help him along in this life that has been placed before him. Just to make it clear, Steve in my eyes is my hero, my saint, he married a woman with SIX kids...who does that?!!! It was an easy even trade, I got Braden in share of my six beautiful children....we are a family and I am grateful for it!

Now, I am so truly thankful for two things today...Eaton Alliance...I can never stress how grateful I am for them. They have stepped in and helped a BOY with special needs become a MAN with special needs, he is loved and respected and has such great hopes. These men who work with Branden day in and day out are truly amazing and I am thankful for their willingness to serve him. Their passion for loving the handicapped is indescribable to me! There are not enough words to say thanks.

Brenda Callister, you too are my hero. Your love not only for the Lord, for your family, for your friends, but for the ones you serve through your job is amazing to me. I have known you for so many years now, and I have always thought so highly of you and am so thankful you are back in our lives and help us so much with Branden. You are amazing and I love you so much. Thank you thank you thank you.

No comments: