Monday, November 7, 2011

Day # 6 Thankful

I love November, I love that I had a friend share her thankfulness and be an example to me that I take the time each day to think about the things I have and what I am grateful for each day. Having said that, today, I am thankful for B.E.D. :o) (I always wanted to do that!) Yes, I am ALWAYS Thankful for my bed, but this B.E.D. is Briché Elena Davis! This little girl has grown into such an amazing young woman. Her wisdom and inspiration is to be admired. She has grown and matured so much in the last little bit and I enjoy every moment that I get to sit and talk and be with her. Just Saturday night, I was amazed by her compassion and concern for a friend's nephew, she couldn't stop talking about how unfair kids can be to each other and how she wants to mentor and befriend this young man, and help him be able to see the light beyond the bullying at school. She told me that she knows he has so much potential and wants to make sure that he accomplishes  his goals in writing and see that he is happy. Her compassion goes beyond that too...her love for the handicapped, I think has always been there, but magnified since Branden has been blessed in our home. She wants so desperately to work with them and since she is learning to do hair, she would love to someday be able to cut and style their hair to make them feel beautiful on the inside and out!  WOW!! I am proud of her accomplishments and look forward to see what is ahead for this sweet person. She is a great friend, daughter, sister and co-worker. Her laughter is contagious and her smile puts a smile on your face. I am thankful that the Lord gave me the chance to be her mother, and watch her grow into such a fun, loving and amazing individual. I love you Briché! Thanks for being you!

No comments: