Saturday, November 20, 2010
Always saying thank you..
November 20 ~ Last night I was having a coversation with Steve and were talking about a family matter that came to our attention a little while back and how it has affected the lives of those around us. Well, we started to talk how words can be twisted and how things can be misunderstood or shifted around going from one person to the next and how in the end it can cause a HUGE raucous. I remember way back when, we would have family games and one of the games that my mother loved to play, and I don't recall a name given, but there would be a group of people lined up and one person would wisper a word or phrase in ones ear and then that person would wisper it into another's ear so on and so forth as it went down the line. It was fun to see how it would change at the end, it would be COMPLETELY different than what the intial person had said. Oh how this is so true in our own lives, I am thankful for that little game, and how so many years later it has taught me to be careful of what I say and how I interpret things so incorrectly, how gossip can hurt not just one person but a lot of people. At 39 I feel like my mom is still teaching me. I tried to explain that game to Steve, and he just giggled, and said I never played that cause I was not a nerd, ok, so maybe I was nerdy but that game taught me a lesson and I hope that I can carry that lesson on to my children and those around me to be careful what I say and if I want to tell others of things being said I better have heard them correctly and make sure that I speak to the initial person who spoke the words to make sure I have the information correct. :) I am grateful for our small lessons we learn throughout our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment