Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Being thankful

November 16 ~ Well as I woke today..I was still tired..I found myself very frustrated and not ready for the day...I am grumpy and mad.  I feel like it is my duty to love, protect, teach and help all my children (this includes Branden) and yesterday he had a very difficult day at school.  I find that people that don't know Branden and who have difficulty understanding him, they don't spend a lot of time with him find him pretty intimiadating, yes I have myself, but they don't give him credit and they jump too fast to set him apart from the rest.  If anything Branden is so much smarter and brighter than we all give him credit for and he senses that.  I feel so badly for him, I wish I could make it all different for him and make his situation easier.. I have lots to be grateful for but I am so sad today and it is hard to think of anything but the sad negative things. We are trying to find the means to take care of him and help him in the best manner for him and our family and yet we are driven in circles...given the run around.  The government spends thousands and thousands and trillions of dollars to give to immigrants, banks, other government officials, but yet when the handicapped are in great need of help you have to wait on a VERY LONG LIST...our friend's son has been on the same list for SIX years!!!!! just because they are handicapped are they not worth the time the effort or the money? I just don't understand and I feel so sad. All Branden wants is a normal life that he sees his cousins, his step-brother, his other siblings have..he wants a girlfriend, he wants a friend, he wants to be loved for who he is..but all his dreams come crashing to a hault..everyday! I am only his step-mom, I did not give life to him, but I do take care of him daily, I love him like he is my own and my heart is brokn for him...I guess in reality today I am thankful for him and the love he shows me and he is so unconditional and he loves fully without hesitation to all! Thanks Branden for being you and I pray with every fiber in me that we find the help you need to become the person you want to be.. :)

No comments: