Saturday, November 21, 2009
NOVEMBER 21
Today marks a bitter sweet day for me. When I moved my children and I to Elk Ridge, I promised them that we wouldn't move again for a very long time, that the ward and friends they made were the ones to keep! This ward and neighborhood is beyond phenomenal! Since day one, they wrapped their arms around me and my babies, they made us feel like we were home. Steve and I had spoken many times in buying and house, and I told him firmly, "Not unless we can find one in our Ward and neighborhood here". So, knowing it was unlikely that we could find one in our price range we just ignored the thought. Well, the opportunity came that we realized that we would be saving so much monthly if we did this. We got Cody my friend who sells homes for a living on the phone, told her that I had special schools that I didn't want my kids to leave, that I would make this one sacrifice and move my babies ONE MORE time out of the ward they love....I cried. It just fell into place so fast after that initial phone call. Cody was so diligent about finding beautiful houses in our price range, that fit our family...but I still could not swallow that pill. Listening to my children cry and say they didn't want to move. Then, Cody showed us this beautiful house in Payson, it was breath taking, and large enough for our family, the price was right...so I sat with my kids talked to them, explained all the ramifications of us moving one more time, the money we could save and the better life we could have if we just made this one more move. Cheyenne oh my sweet Cheyenne cried and cried...I laid with her in her bed for hours til she was asleep...as my heart broke but she was so willing...I love her for that. But today we our moving into OUR own home. It has been awhile since I could say that. A place the kids can really call "HOME". I pray that the Lord sees the need to make it special and make my kids feel happy and welcome in the new area. I was able to keep the 4 older children in the schools, they can graduate from Salem Hills High School! :D That is a feat in itself for my kids who had not gone to the same school two years in a row til now! Things are good, and we are happy, and stable...oh what a feeling! I am on my knees thanking the Lord for that...it has been a very long time, since we as a family have felt stable. See bitter sweet...it all turns out well in the end!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment