Monday, November 30, 2009
November 28 ( I am a bit out of order, for I didn't post on that day)
It seems that I have posted quite a few posting of how thankful I am for my children and specifically Elijah, for the month of November was/is his month. Today, Elijah was able to enter into the waters of baptism. He chose to be bapitzed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. That young man has a HUGE spirit. As a mother of six kids, I have watched all of my babies be baptized...this was a monumental day for me. Elijah is my last one, and this was the first step for him to prepare to live with our Father in Heaven again. What an example he is to me, he loves the scriptures, he loves Jesus and he loves his family. He was given a book of rememberance of the day he was baptized, and there were little notes from everyone that had the opportunity to attend, and when he and I sat down to read them, that little guy was so grateful and touched, I have never had a child that felt to tender so easily, and as I read each note to him, he got more and more touched, he cried. Then I discussed his feelings about his big day and wrote them down, so later in life when he pulls out that book he can read how he felt, he was so emotional and so happy. I love that boy, I love that I as his mother has been entrusted to take care of him, and teach him and love him, that the Lord saw me fit to be his mom. I am thankful for him and all of his siblings, they have taught me so much in my life and I look forward to all the many more lessons I will learn each day as their mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment