Today, marks 11 years I have had the honor being the mother to Elijah Kent Davis. I remember when I was pregnant with that sweet boy, how anxious I was to meet him. He was my sixth and last baby to be born in our family ~ I had so many emotions, I was afraid of being a mom of SIX kids, so I plead with the Lord, that I'll do my best as their mother, if my baby was a good baby. The Lord kept his part, Elijah has been such a great kid from the start. He slept through the night from day one, we would have to pinch the baby to make him cry ( yes that is kind of mean I know but I didn't ever think he'd cry ). He has always been my little cuddle bug. He had so many people talking and doing things for him, he hardly spoke. We taught him "Signing Time" videos, which were sign language videos, so he could communicate with us. Then at the age of 3 years old, just out of the blue while we were having a snack one day, he spouts of a full blown sentence and tells me "Actually Mother I would like a cookie" ~ What he spoke and that was the first words he'd utter! Ha! I was amazed..from that day on, he never signed again, spoke everything he was thinking or needing.
At the age of 11 he is brilliant, very very kind to others. I enjoy going to parent teacher conferences to just listen to the teacher tell me how kind he is to all. He is so willing to help those who struggle in class, if they are struggling with making friends, he'll be their friend, if they are struggling with school work, he'll finish his school work and help those who need help, if the teacher needs assistance, he is the first to be called upon, it is amazing to know he is MY child and so nice. He LOVES the New York Giants..I have never known such a devoted fan. His whole wardrobe consists of New York Giants clothing. His very favorite shows to watch on TV are Castle and WWE wrestling, he makes me smile.


No comments:
Post a Comment