Monday, November 19, 2012

Today I give thanks for the opportunity to help with Branden

It has been almost five years since Steve and I moved in with one another. He uprooted his boy and brought him all the way to Utah. To an unfamiliar home and place. He had to make new friends and gain a love and trust for a new family. He all of a sudden had six new brothers and sisters and a new school and a new step-mom. I recall the first time I met Branden, he was so eager to talk to me and be my pal. After that we'd talk on the phone and laugh and he would tell me he loved me. He still is alwasy sure to tell us all how much he loves us, and when he utters it you know it is sincere and heart felt.

Times were rough for him, he has transitioned so well though. Branden has come so far in five years. He has matured and learned new things. Myself and my kids have learned so much from him. My kids have such a love and bond with him that is extraordinary, I am amazed, you have never known they have not been his brothers and sisters all their lives...they all love him so much.

Being raised in the LDS religion and knowing that children born with special needs are spiritually perfect, they have a seat on the right hand of God reserved for them, this has made me realize that I need to work on my flaws and become more like Christ, so I too can sit on the right hand of God. I love the example Branden sets for me, he is so loving and friendly to all. His personality is fabulous, he makes us all giggle. I love to see his silly faces he makes and he does everything with such passion. He is super good at doing his chores...he sets a great example for my kids! I look forward to life with Branden, so I can continue to learn and grow from his example. Thanks Steve for sharing your son with me and my children. We love you Branden.

No comments: