Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful for my sister and brothers

As a young girl, being the 4th child out of 5 I always remember wanting to be like my brother Shawn, who always could make you laugh on a whim. He was super smart and  always happy. I always wanted to be cool like my sister Andréa..she had the coolest friends and the coolest clothes. I just wanted to be able to walk down the hallway of our house without being thumped upside the head by my brother Kent Jr., and I always loved the fact that I had someone too, that I could pick on, and that was Jared...the pecking order was surely in play at our home growing up. Andréa was always my pal when she wanted her back scratched but man if I wanted to borrow her clothes, or hang out with her and her pals, oh forget it! I was the bratty little sister. I sit and tell my kids these stories all the time especially when they say they hate each other or he is annoying or I wish he liked me to play with him, or he can't use my clothes...yes the same old stories play out in my home.



There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for them all in my life. They have been by my side day in and day out for 41 years. I know without a shadow of a doubt they will always be there for me and be my best friends. There aren't many days that go by that I don't talk to them, and am grateful I have them. I love to laugh and talk with them. We have had days where we just cry with each other, and others where we just enjoy each others company. My sister has been to the birth of my children...she has taken and loved them as if they were her own. Shawn now as we speak is being the mentor and friend to my son Dakotah...and that in and of itself means the world to me.  My big brother Kent Jr, is still the one who protects all of us, he has our backs no matter what. Shawn, ever since I could remember always took care of me and protected me and he still does that this very day. Andréa and Jared...my most two best friends...ones whom I talk to on a daily basis and without them I probably would have crumbled already...I thank you all for loving me and supporting not only me but my babies and my sweetheart...thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you all. <3 p="p">

No comments: