Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Today I am thankful for my job
In the past year I have been laid off twice. As this happens it makes you question your worth and your skills. Why me? Why wasn't I good enough to keep on? After I got laid off the second time, it was hard to bounce back. It took me longer to find employment and I was so sad and worried. I found myself greatly depressed.
Out of the blue in late July, I got a call from a temporary employment agency saying that a company in Provo, Utah was interested in my resume...at first when I heard it was a temporary agency I put my nose up to it until I asked them what company and the lady told me Novell...boy did my ears perk and a smile was put across my face. I had been eager to work for Novell for many years. The woman asked me a few questions and then said she'd get back with me in a day or two. Low and behold a few hours later she called back and told me they would like to interview me over the phone. The very next day I got a call from Patsy...I was so nervous. I wanted to make this a good interview where she couldn't resist bringing me in for a face to face interview. It went better than I had hoped. Everything she spoke about the job, I knew without a doubt I could do, I had done it before. She then told me, I will be calling to do a face to face interview and will get back to you.....and again a few hours later she called me and set up an interview for the next day. I was extremely excited and nervous, those doubts that had come to mind when I got laid off the second time came back to haunt me. My interview went very well, I felt very confident once I left Novell. She told me she'd get back with me in a week, she was leaving on a business trip and will do the hiring when she returns. That next day I got a call from the temp agency saying that Novell wanted to hire me. I buckled, I cried. I was so excited...and I thought to myself, I thought she was going to call AFTER her trip....now that I am a part of Novell and I have talked to Patsy about all that, she said she knew from our phone call I was the right person for the job and why not get the hiring under way so when she got back from her trip I could start. :) It worked out great.
I have never felt like I fit so well with a job. The team I work with is remarkable. Patsy, she is my boss, but I feel so blessed that I am able to say without a doubt that she is my friend too. When I stepped foot on Novell premises as an employee, I told myself I was NOT going to make friends here, I was just going to go to work do my job and go home. Having been working for Novell for 3 months now, I can't say that anymore. I love going to my job and seeing the people I work with. Their love and devotion not only to Novell but each other is amazing. I feel I belong. I feel they have confidence in my abilities and know I am able to learn and do as the company would have me do. I am so grateful to have my job and work where I do and with the people I work with daily. I also get the pleasure of working with my brother. No, not directly, but I do see him and IM him every day. I love it, I love our friendship.
Thank you Patsy for giving me a opportunity to be on your team :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Marche',
You are very welcome and it is true I felt you were the right person for the job when we had the phone interview. But after the face to face interview I knew for sure you were the right person to be on our team.
Thank you for all you do and I too feel like we are friends. Our team is wonderful and feel more like family than co-workers.
Post a Comment