Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful for a lady I never met & family that is not blood..but very loved :)




Every year when Novemeber 14th rolls around, I can't help but be grateful for a laday I never met, but surely if I had I known I would have loved her. Her name is Lauren Elizabeth Lawhon Brunson. She is the mother of my 3 best friends. Kent Jr, Shawn and Andréa. Without her bringing them into this life I would not have them in my life. I am thankful for the example of love she showed my dad and her 3 young children. I am thankful for her short lived life, she was taken too early I can't imagine the pain and heartache that was felt and is still felt at the loss of such a great lady. As much as the pain is and was there, and I am sad my family had to experince that, I am grateful that I am a part of their lives and their sister and their daughter. I not only gained 3 siblings when my mom had me, but I also gained a family where their love is amazing. I have aunts, uncles and cousins that I have the honor of claiming but are not my blood. I thank Lauren for allowing me to share her wonderful family and her children. Thank you Mama Lauren.

This lady, my Aunt Nancy is Lauren's older sister....I am sure Nancy portrays the love of her little sister.. <3 being="being" her.="her." i="i" imagine="imagine" just="just" lauren="lauren" like="like" love="love" strong="strong" you.="you.">

 This lady, my sweet sweet cousin, to whom I like to call my sister, is Kimberly...I am so lucky to have her in my life <3 am="am" blood="blood" ever="ever" for="for" how="how" i="i" know="know" never="never" not="not" oh="oh" related.="related." strong="strong" thankful="thankful" that.="that." we="we" were="were" would="would" you="you">
This is another wonderful cousin to whom I adore and admire and love to visit with, she is just amazing and such a great example of a mother :o) You don't have to be blood to love someone with all your heart. :)

This young man is my cousin Lauren's great nephew...oh my goodness...I am thankful we have his example in our lives...such endurance and strength..
 
 
There is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for my sister. I love her...and thankful she is by my side all the time :)
 


Shawn too is one that has always been one to make sure that I am ok and protect me...we don't have the same mothers but he surely is my big brother. :)
 
 

No comments: